Nigeria & The British Council Invite Student Applications For It’s NLNG Local & UK 2017 Scholarships. Nigeria LNG Limited supports education through several initiatives. One of them is Scholarships. NLNG has a four-tier scholarship programme which channels support for human capital development and encourage high performance, ultimately growing a pool of high potential students, graduates and professionals with competitive advantage. The overseas scholarships are managed by the British Council.
NLNG Post Primary Scholarship Awards 2017
The scheme aims at supporting high performing basic six pupils in company’s host communities and the oil-producing states of Nigeria to access post-primary education uninterruptedly.
The scheme kicked off in 2012 with 28 beneficiaries and has grown to a total of 172 beneficiaries by 2015.
Prospective pupils are admitted onto the scheme based on excellent performance at the annual National Examinations Council’s (NECO) Common Entrance Examinations.
NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Awards 2017
This was founded as a critical component of education intervention programme for our host communities in 1998 and later opened up to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
A total of 2,833 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scholarship scheme with a spend of over N600 million. The introduction of online application and use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost effective, and increased awareness. The value of the scholarship has been reviewed upward from N100, 000 to N300, 000 per awardee for an academic year and it runs throughout the duration of the student’s course.
2015 NLNG Post Graduate Scholars
– Applicants must be Nigerians
– Applicants must be First year undergraduates and High performing basic 6 pupils.
PayPorte…Your preferred online store
– Applicants must have good academic students.
http://www.nlng.com/Our-CSR/Pages/Scholarships.aspx to apply for the Undergraduate Scholarship
https://connect.nlng.com to apply for the Post-primary Scholarship
The application deadline for this scholarship program is 30th April, 2017.
NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship AWARDS 2017
This scheme was launched in October 2012 and is being managed by the British Council. The first 10 beneficiaries and second 13 beneficiaries left to the United Kingdom for their studies in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
The scholarship is valued at between $60,000 and $69,000, depending on the course, and is tenable for programmes in top academic institutions in the UK. Courses covered by this scheme include Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law and Medicine.
The first and second sets of beneficiaries have completed their studies and returned to Nigeria.
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is offering the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in 2017 to Nigerians who wants to pursue a Masters degree program in the following UK Universities:
– University of Aberdeen
– University of Cranfield
– University of Leeds
– University of Strathclyde
– University of Liverpool.
– Applicants must be Nigerians
– Applicants must have completed their bachelors degree program in any recognized Institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
– Applicants must have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, Medicine
– Applicants should not be than 30 years of age
– Applicants must have completed their NYSC program.
– Applicants should be able to obtain a tier-4 visa upon being successful.
– Applicants must possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2017.
Apply at http://www.nlng.com/Our-CSR/Pages/Scholarships.aspx
NLNG Cadet Scholarship
The scholarship targets young school leavers from NLNG host communities who are interested in careers in the maritime industry. The scholarship covers tuition for the National Diploma programme at Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron. NLNG has sponsored 49 persons from our host communities as at December, 2013.