Following two more separate incidents last week, Zimbabwean National police spokesman Chief Superintendent Paul Nyathi has cautioned unsuspecting men and the general public to be wary of a group of women accused of saxually assaulting men in the capital Harare.
Police spokesperson Chief Superintendent Paul Nyathi told reporters that the first of last week’s incidents occurred last Saturday when a 37-year-old man boarded a bus with two female passengers and a male driver.
He explained that another female passenger joined the bus before the driver later changed his route to “evade a police roadblock”.
One of the females forced the complainant to have saxual intercourse with him without his consent while another female accused forced the complainant to drink an unknown liquid which left the complainant unconscious.
“On the way, one of the females who had boarded the vehicle together with the complainant, drew what appeared to be a pistol and force-marched the complainant into a bushy area along Delport Road.
One of the females forced the complainant to have saxual intercourse with him without his consent while another female accused forced the complainant to drink an unknown liquid which left the complainant unconscious.”
Chief Superintendent Nyathi also narrated the ordeal of the second victim who was given a lift to Harare by five women. He was offered a drink which left him unconscious.
“When the complainant gained consciousness he discovered that he had been abused,” he said.
He urged the public with information to assist the police with their investigation.
“We would like to urge members of the public to be on the lookout for a group of men and women who are giving unsuspecting victims transport and end up abusing them,” Chief Superintendent Nyathi advised.
Similar incidents also spiraled in September 2015 when two women allegedly molested a man at gunpoint after offering him a lift.
In an August last year incident four women drugged and “saxually molested” a 29-year-old man they had offered a lift.