LA anchor died from ‘meth toxicity’ after inserting drug into anus: Coroner

by NCN Health And Science Team Last updated on March 29th, 2019,

Los Angeles KTLA news anchor Chris Burrous died from a methamphetamine overdose and his shocking autopsy report revealed he inserted the drug into his anus during sex in a hotel with a man he met on a dating app.

Burrous overdosed in a Glendale, Calif. hotel on Dec. 28 and the Los Angeles County Coroner’s report stated he died from “methamphetamine toxicity and hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease that also significantly contributed to his death.”

According to the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s report, his death occurred after taking drugs and having sex with a man he met on the dating app Grindr.

“Later on, in the encounter Mr. Burrous inserted a second rock of methamphetamine through his anus and put on a mask and dusted the filters with ‘poppers,’” the coroner’s report said, and continued: “His companion inserted his hand through his anus. Mr. Burrous began grunting then vomited and became unresponsive.”

CPR was performed before the paramedics arrived and he was pronounced dead in the emergency room.

“There was concern for the presence of amyl nitrates (poppers) in the system, however, toxicology testing did not confirm the presence of this substance,” the autopsy report stated.

He is survived by his wife of 15 years, Mai Do-Burrous, and their 9-year-old daughter, Isabella.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Burrous family. Chris loved sharing the stories of Southern California and connecting with our viewers,” said KTLA president Don Corsini and news director Jason Ball in a joint statement.

“He will be remembered as a great journalist and a wonderful friend to many. He brought a kindness to his work and will be deeply missed by the entire KTLA family.”

Author

Avatar

NCN Health And Science Team

NCN Health And Science Team
Phone
Email

Leave a Reply