Austin, Texas, USA: Pflugerville police Commander Keith Ritchie says officers are evacuating the area near the home where the Texas ‘Serial Bomber’, Mark Anthony Conditt, a resident of Pflugerville, Texas lived. Federal authorities are also preparing to deploy an anti-explosives robot. Police earlier said that he blew himself up in his car on Wednesday morning, as SWAT teams and other law enforcement surrounded his vehicle. Mark Anthony Conditt’s bombing spree, killed two black men and injured several other people. Anthony House, 39, died after picking up a box on his porch on March 2. On March 12, Draylen Mason, 17, was killed (and his mother was injured) in a similar incident.
Conditt’s most recent address is in Pflugerville, Texas, northeast of downtown Austin — and less than five miles from the the 1100 block of Haverford Drive, where the first bomb struck on March 2.
Cmdr. Keith Ritchie says the FBI told local police to evacuate the area late Wednesday morning. Reporters waiting nearby were being pushed back and neighbors are being evacuated from their homes.
Ritchie says the order came after investigators searched the suspect’s home and surrounding area.
He says he doesn’t know what prompted the order.
An ATF vehicle could be seen arriving and officials were unloading an anti-blast robot.
In an update, Police in Austin, Texas later said they believe they have recovered all the explosive devices constructed by the serial bomber who killed two people and injured five others over the past several weeks.
Interim Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said Wednesday in a press briefing that “we can account for each and every one” of the six devices that were used in the bombings. However, he asked the public to “remain vigilant” of suspicious packages in the coming days.
The suspect accused of the bombings, Mark Anthony Conditt, made a list of the six devices, the police said.
Detailed descriptions of the constructed devices were found on a 25-minute recording recovered from the bomber’s vehicle Wednesday morning that the police are treating as a confession, Manley said. Police do not have plans to release the recording “at this time.”
Conditt also indicated future plans on the recording.
The serial bomber gave no reason for targeting specific addresses or individuals who received packages containing bombs, police said. He did not indicate that his motives were hate or terrorism-inspired. It was clear from the tape that Conditt was a “very troubled young man who was talking about challenges in his life,” Manley said.
The investigation, which is being aided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the FBI, is still ongoing.
EARLIER: Texas ‘Serial Bomber’ Blows Himself Up As SWAT Close In – Austin Police Chief – President Trump Tweeted – “AUSTIN BOMBING SUSPECT IS DEAD. Great job by law enforcement and all concerned!”. Police didn’t release the identity of the suspect Wednesday morning, but Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said he was a 24-year-old white male. They said they don’t yet know what the motive was for the attacks. The name of the perpetrator won’t be made public until his next of kin are notified, the sheriff added.
The man suspected of suspected of delivering six home-made bombs to locations around Austin, Texas, this month, killing two people, died early Wednesday morning, by his own explosive device, as police attempted to arrest him, according to Austin Police Chief. The suspect died in the Round Rock community of Greater Austin, north of where the first bomb struck on March 2.
“The suspect is deceased and has significant injuries from a blast that occurred. This is the culmination of three very long weeks for our community.” said Brian Manley, Austin’s interim police chief.
Brian Manley, warned that the public should remain vigilant and cautious, in case the bomber had been able to deploy any final explosive devices: “We don’t know where this subject has spent his last 24 hours.”
The suspect engaged in a shootout with the Austin Police Department SWAT team on a motorway in Round Rock, Texas before being shot down. He then blew himself up and died.
Police were reportedly able to identify him with the help of security video and store receipts. Investigators tracked the suspect to a hotel in Williamson County using cell phone technology.
Police didn’t release the identity of the suspect Wednesday morning, but said he was a 24-year-old white male. They said they don’t yet know what the motive was for the attacks
A multi-agency investigation that spanned numerous locations and two cities over the span of several weeks led authorities to the suspect in Round Rock.
The first bombing happened on Friday, March 2 at a home located at 1112 Haverford Dr. in northeast Austin. Anthony Stephan House, 39, died when he picked up a package on his front porch.
The second and third bombing happened 10 days later on Monday, March 12. The first explosion rocked Oldfort Hill Drive in east Austin at 6:44 a.m. Draylen Mason, 17, died at the scene. His mother was taken to the hospital with injuries.
The second explosion that day happened on Galindo Street in southeast Austin. Esperanza Morena Herrera, 75, was critically injured and remains hospitalized.
The fourth bombing happened in southwest Austin in the Travis Country neighborhood on Sunday, March 18 around 8:30 p.m. Two men in their 20s were injured when a tripwire bomb exploded on Dawn Song Drive. This case showed the serial bomber using a different method since the first three cases involved packages left at homes.
The fifth explosion happened on Tuesday, March 20 in Schertz at a FedEx sorting facility. That explosion led authorities to another suspicious package at the FedEx facility in southeast Austin. On the same day, local and federal authorities confirmed the serial bomber sent two packages from the FedEx shipping store on Brodie Lane.
Over the course of the investigation, investigators visited numerous hardware stores across the city searching for evidence.
Earlier this week, police labeled the person behind the explosions a “serial bomber.” The most recent package exploded at a FedEx facility in Schertz, which is outside of San Antonio. Authorities said that package was headed for Austin.
The White House commented on the incidents on Tuesday, saying that they have no connections to terrorism, adding that the authorities “are committed to bringing perpetrators of these heinous acts to justice.”
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, ATF, as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI, and the Austin Police Department, are at the scene of the individual suspected in the #packagebombmurders”.
Just a few hours earlier 17-year-old, Austin Wyatt Rollins, the deceased gunman who opened fire at Great Mills High School in Maryland Tuesday morning wounding two students before he was shot dead by a school resource officer was identified as a honor roll student and avid NASCAR fan as per his Facebook page.
According to the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, the gunman, armed with a handgun, opened fire in a hallway as classes were beginning and a male and female victim were struck. The 16-year-old female victim is in critical condition and the boy, 14, was considered stable.
The officer fired “at least a round at the shooter, and I believe the shooter also fired a round,” Sheriff Tim Cameron said at a news conference.
Rollins was an Honor Student, the Sheriff said. According to his Facebook page, he was a NASCAR fan.
Police said in a news conference there is an indication that the female victim had been in a prior relationship with the shooter, but declined to elaborate further.
“This is your worst nightmare,” he added.
“This is what we train for, this is what we prepare for, and this is what we pray that we never have to do. On this day, we realized our worst nightmare,” Cameron said. “The notion of ‘it can’t happen here’ is no longer a notion.”
Agents with the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives responded to the scene.
The school was placed on lockdown before students were evacuated from Great Mills High School to a reunification center at a nearby high school.
Governor Larry Hogan issued the following statement following the shooting:
“The school shooting that took place this morning at Great Mills High School remains an active investigation, and Maryland State Police are on the scene assisting local and federal law enforcement. I want to express my deepest gratitude to the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office and all of the first responders who swiftly and bravely took action to secure the school. The First Lady and I are praying for those who were injured, their families and loved ones, and for the entire Great Mills community as they come together to heal in the wake of this horrific situation.
“But prayers are not enough. Although our pain remains fresh and the facts remain uncertain, today’s horrible events should not be an excuse to pause our conversation about school safety. Instead, it must serve as a call to action.”
Elsewhere, today in Princeton New Jersey, municipality of Princeton police surrounded an armed man inside the Panera restaurant on Nassau Street, across from campus. Police urge everyone to avoid the area.
Police have shut down buildings near the restaurant on the north side Nassau Street, which is closed for several blocks.
As a precaution, the two campus buildings closest to the restaurant — Henry House and Scheide Caldwell House — were evacuated.
It is not known whether the gunman has any connection to the University. Law enforcement officials are negotiating with the man.
Classes are not in session, as this is the week of spring break. Princeton police later reported that the man was dead ending the standoff.
In Florida, 2 students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, were also arrested today for bringing weapons on the school campus, while a third is accused of making a violent threat on social media
This is happenning after #NationalWalkoutDay when students nationwide, as planned, stood up in their classrooms and walked out of their schools for 17 minutes – on National Walkout Day – beginning at 10 a.m. in their respective local time zones in order to pressure Congress to approve gun control legislation after the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida that killed 17. Students also sat silently with backs to White House for 17 minutes on #NationalWalkoutDay.
Viacom’s MTV, Nickelodeon, BET and Comedy Central all later suspended programming for 17 minutes in support of the national student walkout over gun violence.
The protests came 10 days before major “March for Our Lives” protests scheduled for Saturday, March 24, in Washington and elsewhere. On March 24, students are expected to amass in Washington and other cities for the March for Our Lives coordinated by Everytown for Gun Safety, a group backed by Michael Bloomberg, the former New York City mayor.
More walkouts are planned on April 20, the anniversary of the Columbine High School shooting in 1999.
Update: The Texas ‘Serial Bomber’ was later identified as Mark Anthony Conditt, 24, a resident of Pflugerville, Texas. Nigeria Circle News updated our cover image accordingly to feature Mark Anthony Conditt.