Nigerian Man In UK Court For Alleged Murder Of 5 Yr Old Stepson In A Fit Of Rage

by Kim Boateng Posted on July 8th, 2017

A Nigerian Man is standing trial at Woolwich Crown Court in the UK, accused of beating his girlfriend’s five-year-old son to death in a park after the boy lost one of his trainers. Prosecutor Eleanor Laws QC, told the court yesterday that Alex Malcolm, a child model, was violently assaulted and suffered fatal head injuries at the hands of burly Marvyn Iheanacho, 39, from Hounslow, west London, during a trip to the Mountsfield Park in Catford, south-east London. Iheanacho denies murdering the boy.

One eye witness claims they heard the child saying ‘sorry’ to Iheanacho before a flurry of ‘booming noises’ as he unleashed up to eight punches. Iheanacho then took the unconscious boy home and attacked Alex’s mother when she tried to dial 999

A jury heard he was in a relationship with Alex’s mother Liliya Breha and would often stay at her flat in Catford.

CCTV captured Iheanacho taking Alex from his home, on three separate buses, to the park, where they arrived at around 5.12pm, when it was already dark. Alex was wearing black trainers, a red jacket, a woolly hat and gloves. She said prosecutors know the pair went to the play area because Alex lost one of his trainers, which was later found there by police.

Iheanacho was then seen by dog-walkers Karen Leigh-Phillips and her partner Johanne, the court heard. Iheanacho then carried Alex unconscious ‘as if he were a baby’ to a minicab office, from where he was taken back to Ms Breha’s flat, despite the nearest hospital being just a five-minute walk away, the court heard. He told Alex’s mother her son fell to his knees and hit his head and that he slapped him to try to wake him up, jurors heard.

Ms Laws said Iheanacho then attacked a screaming Ms Breha after she called him a ‘danger to her family’ and stopped her from calling an ambulance. But she grabbed the phone after noticing her son was getting cold, his face had turned blue and he had stopped breathing. The court heard Iheanacho told one paramedic Alex had fallen onto his knees and hit his head on the floor, but told others he had fallen from a climbing frame.

Doctors at Lewisham Hospital tried to resuscitate Alex, but a CT scan revealed he was suffering from severe brain swelling, and he was transferred to King’s College Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. A post-mortem revealed bruises on the youngster’s head, neck, and body, while a pathologist concluded the combination of impact type head injury and blunt trauma to the abdomen was ‘consistent with inflicted injury’.

The prosecutor said Iheanacho denies causing any of the injuries to Alex, describing what happened as ‘an accident’.

The trial continues.

Leave a Reply