Tinder date attacker Erich Stelzer was paranoid, delusional: Family

by Bamidele Ogunberu Posted on December 31st, 2018

The family of Tinder attacker says he had been experiencing paranoia and delusions in the days leading up to the crime, an attorney for his family revealed. Erich Stelzer, 25, of Cohasset, Mass., had been experiencing paranoia and delusions, an attorney for his family revealed.

A source says Erich Stelzer was acting bizarrely, suffering from a “possible mental health issue” or at least in an “altered mental state” when allegedly attacking his Tinder date last night. He was then tasered by police and later became unresponsive and died. #WBZ— Kristina Rex (@KristinaRex) December 28, 2018

The family grew concerned for his wellbeing on Christmas Day and called 911 for help. EMTs who responded to the scene reported that he was “lucid enough to know his name and the date,” the local outlet reported.

Tinder horror date: Bodybuilder dies after being tased by cops after allegedly stabbing woman
Stelzer, a bodybuilder, became a recognizable face to YouTube users. He had grown popularity on the video-sharing site after posting fitness videos.

Stelzer’s family revealed that they even hired professionals to bring him to a treatment facility. But he did not make it in time before the shocking date went awry.

A Cohasset dad is questioning police methods in the death of his son. 25-year-old Erich Stelzer is accused of stabbing a 24-year-old woman in the face Thursday night. Sources say police tased him 6 times to subdue him. Stelzer died as a result. — Gary Brode (@GaryBrodeNews) December 29, 2018

On December 27, Stelzer stabbed Maegan Tapley, 24, while the two were on a date. They reportedly met on the dating app Tinder.

Police officers arrived on scene while Stelzer was repeatedly stabbing the woman, according to reports. Officers used stun guns on Stelzer and he became unresponsive while being transported to the hospital. He ultimately passed away.

In an interview with CBS WBZ 4, Erich’s father, Harry Stelzer, said he feels sorry for the victim, but is consulting with an attorney because he feels the police took it too far by using a stun gun on his son.

“He shouldn’t have died,” Harry insisted. “He was tased six times. Six times!”

“The police are protecting themselves and that’s what they do. We understand that. But my son was in there alive, and 15 minutes later, he was dead.”

After the tasing, Erich became unresponsive and died en route to the hospital. However, his 24-year-old victim survived the attack.

Though Harry is devastated over the loss of his son, he says is “glad” Maegan is recovering.

“I’m glad she’s home. I’m glad she’s safe,’ he said.

Leave a Reply