Tuscon, Arizona, USA: A man who wanted to get rid of spiders turned to a blow torch for help and accidentally burned down his house. The blaze in Tuscon, Arizona, required 23 firefighters after the man used a propane torch to kill spiders and burn their webs underneath the mobile home.
The house was completely gutted, leaving the resident and an elderly woman forced out onto the street.
Firefighters from Tucson Fire Department were called to the house at 9.19pm local time on Monday (3.19am Tuesday, Sydney).
The fire department said that they had arrived to discover that an elderly woman had been removed from the blaze by her son and some neighbours. She had sustained minor injuries while being carried out, but she was not reportedly injured severely by the fires.
There were no other injuries reported aside from those of the elderly woman who was carried out. She suffered minor injuries, local media reported.
The total sustained damages to the mobile home from the fire, which is still being investigated by officials, is yet to be determined by investigators.
It took 11 minutes to extinguish the blaze.