New York, USA. Sept. 16: “After seeing our capabilities, I am more confident than ever that our options are not only effective but overwhelming” said US President Donald Trump said as part of his response to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, DPRK, firing another ballistic missile which flew over Japan on Friday. Mr Trump who was speaking at Joint Andrews military base, echoed the denunciation by world leaders and the UN in saying North Korea “has once again shown its utter contempt for its neighbors and for the entire world community” but touted America’s might having repeatedly promised not to let Pyongyang launch a nuclear missile at the US as Mr Kim’s regime has repeatedly threatened.
The ballistic missile that flew over Japan and crashed into the ocean on Thursday was the second projectile North Korea launched over the country in the last two weeks, sustaining months of North Korean threats that included the country conducting its largest-ever nuclear test earlier this month. An American military official said the massive blast likely came from a hydrogen bomb.
A day after North Korea launched another missile over Japan, the United Nations Security Council condemned the latest act of aggression from the regime of Kim Jong-un. After a meeting convened in response to the latest launch, the United Nations Security Council released a statement slamming the “outrageous action”.
Photo: DPRK Leader Kim Jong Un
The ballistic missile that flew over Japan and crashed into the ocean early friday was the second projectile North Korea launched over the country in the last two weeks, sustaining months of North Korean threats that included the country conducting its largest-ever nuclear test earlier this month. An American military official said the massive blast likely came from a hydrogen bomb.
Kuwait To Deport DPRK Ambassador, Stops Issuing Visas To North Koreans
New York, USA. Sept. 16: Kuwait has informed the U.N. Security Council (UNSC), that it has decided to deport a senior North Korean diplomat and has stopped issuing new visas for North Koreans according to a United States based media report just released, citing Kuwait’s U.N. sanctions implementation report.
In the report to the U.N. Security Council (UNSC), Kuwait reportedly said it has decided to cut the number of North Korean diplomats in the country to four from the current nine. On the deportation list is Pyongyang’s ambassador to Kuwait So Chang-sik.
The report did not mention when the five diplomats will be deported.
The move is in line with UNSC Resolution 2321 adopted last year to punish the North’s fifth nuclear test. Kuwait will become the third country to send back a North Korean ambassador under a U.N. resolution following Mexico and Peru, the VOA report said.
Kuwait has also stopped the issuance of visas for North Korean nationals. North Koreans in the Middle East country will be told to leave it once their residential permits expire, according to the report.
Currently, some 6,000 North Koreans are believed to work in Kuwait.
On Monday, the UNSC adopted its ninth sanctions resolution against the North, this time in response to its sixth and most powerful nuke test on Sept. 3. Despite the fresh package of sanctions, Pyongyang staged yet another missile provocation on Friday.
DPRK Fires Another Missile Over Japan
Tokyo, Japan. Sept 14th: Japanese and South Korean news media are reporting that the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, DPRK, test-fired another ballistic missile late Thursday causing Japan to issue a temporary shelter-in-place alert. The missile was reportedly launched from around the North Korean capitol, Pyongyang, and flew eastward over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido around 7 a.m. local time, according to NHK.
The missile splashed into the Pacific Ocean, and no damage or injuries in Japan were reported. North Korea previously fired a ballistic missile over northern Japan on Aug. 28. This is the rogue nation’s 13th missile test this year.
Photo: DPRK Fires Another Missile Over Japan
Earlier Thursday, North Korea issued new threats, calling to “reduce the U.S. mainland into ashes” and saying Japan “should be sunken into the sea by the nuclear bomb.”
Abe Asks UN To “Strengthen Pressure” As DPRK Fires Missile Over Japan
Tokyo, Japan. August 28th Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has called on the United Nations to strengthen pressure on the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, DPRK even as he called DPRK ballistic missile launch over Japan’s territory an “unprecedented serious and grave” threat to Japan. South Korea’s military was the first to report that The DPRK on Tuesday launched a ballistic missile over Japan’s territory. The United States Department of Defense later confirmed the ballistic missile flew over Japan. “North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) determined the missile launch from North Korea [the DPRK] did not pose a threat to North America,” Pentagon spokesman Rob Manning said in a statemen
“We will immediately collect and analyze details and the government will take full steps to protect Japanese people’s lives,” Shinzo Abe said, saying to urge the UN to strengthen pressure on Pyongyang.
The ballistic missile, flying more than 2,700 kilometers in an easterly direction, was fired from a site in Sunan in Pyongyang at around 5:57 a.m. local time. South Korea’s military said the ballistic missile flew at a maximum altitude of around 550 kilometers and fell into the North Pacific Ocean.
Photo: Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
South Korea says it strongly condemns the DPRK’s ballistic missile launch and will respond to further nuclear missile provocations by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, DPRK, according to a statement released by South Korean government.
So far, there have been no reports of falling objects in its territory or damage to vessels around Hokkaido after the missile launch, according to Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga.